Renew your SIAM membership for 2015
and remain a part of our international and interdisciplinary community
There are lots of reasons to renew…
- SIAM Review, quarterly journal providing an overview of applied mathematics
- SIAM News, the news journal of the applied mathematics community
- Unwrapped, SIAM’s bi-monthly members-only electronic e-newsletter
- SIAM Connect, an online center for news and announcements
- SIAM Presents, a collection of talks and tutorials from SIAM conferences
- Science policy electronic mailing list – keeps you informed on policy and funding opportunities
- SIAM Blogs, an exciting hub for news and developments in applied math and computational science at blogs.siam.org
ADVANCE YOUR CAREER
- Access to career information through the SIAM career website, activity group listservs, job board, and meetings
- Recognition through prizes, awards, and the SIAM Fellows program
- Careers in the Math Sciences in SIAM News, an ongoing series of career-related articles by members of the SIAM community
- Discounted memberships for those early in their careers
SIAM JOURNALS AND BOOKS
- 16 peer-reviewed journals at a discounted price for members, as well as an online journal archive, available to members at a discounted rate
- SIAM continues to find new ways to ensure that authors’ research reaches the community as quickly as possible, while still maintaining SIAM’s high publication standards.
- Access to quality research via print or electronic format with more than 400 books at member discounts of at least 30%
- Price break for students on books adopted by a SIAM member for classroom use
- 20 activity groups (SIAGs) provide opportunities to network with professionals with similar research interests and enhance your visibility within these specialized communities.
- Specialized conferences connect you with other professionals who share similar interests, with discounted registration for members.
- SIAM Section activities allow you to meet peers in your geographic region.
- Committees, activity groups, and chapters provide volunteer and leadership opportunities.
RESOURCES FOR STUDENTS
- $275,000 in funding for SIAM Student Travel Awards
- Free student memberships for those who attend a member institution, are in a SIAM student chapter, or are nominated by a SIAM member
- SIAM Undergraduate Research Online (SIURO), a publication showcasing student research
- Student chapters, travel awards, and discounts on membership and conference registrations
- Gene Golub SIAM Summer School (G2S3), a free graduate-level workshop
- SIAM-sponsored annual Student Days and Career Fair
- SIAM promotes understanding of the value of mathematics both in daily life and in the advanced sciences.
- SIAM has a voice in Washington, D.C., and speaks on behalf of its members to key congressional representatives and organizations to promote important research funding and the development of science policy.
- Community outreach programs that advance the application of mathematics and computational science, including Moody’s Mega Math (M3) Challenge, Math Matters, Apply It!, SIAM Nuggets, and WhyDoMath.
WHAT’S NEW @ SIAM?
- SIAM News is now online! The modern web-based version is available at http://sinews.siam.org.
- SIAM Activity Group on Education (SIAG/ED)
- Conference proceedings of peer-reviewed original research from as far back as 2001 through the current year, covering discrete algorithms, data mining, and control, are available online at www.siam.org/proceedings
- Central Section of SIAM (includes Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, and Oklahoma)
- Buy or rent SIAM e-books on Google Play
- Student chapters in Cameroon, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Malaysia, Netherlands, Portugal, South Africa, and United Kingdom
With name recognition and worldwide visibility, SIAM is the ideal platform for promoting applied mathematics…in academia, industry, government, and sister organizations around the world.…SIAM will continue to play a leading role in fostering collaborations between all users of mathematics, from students to teachers to professional scientists, because of the exceptional quality of its conferences and publications.” -- Rene Carmona, Princeton University, Editor-in-Chief, SIFIN (2010–2014)
Renew SIAM at my.siam.org
For more information, contact us at +1-215-382-9800 (worldwide),
800-447-SIAM (tollfree US/Canada), or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Take advantage of special dues rates if you are a student, an early career member, unemployed, retired, or a member of another mathematical society with which SIAM has a reciprocity agreement. Renew as a Lifetime Member and never pay dues again. Go to www.siam.org/membership/individual for more information, or contact customer service at email@example.com.