The International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM) Prize Committee calls for nominations for the five ICIAM prizes (the Collatz Prize, the Lagrange Prize, the Maxwell Prize, the Pioneer Prize, and the Su Buchin Prize) to be awarded in 2019. Each ICIAM Prize is truly international and has its own special character. We therefore welcome nominations from every part of the world. A nomination should consider the specifications for a particular prize and contain the following information:
- Full name and address of nominee
- Web home page, if applicable
- Justification for nomination; cite nominator’s reason for considering candidate to be deserving, including explanations of the scientific and practical influence of the candidate’s work and publications.
- Proposed citation – a concise statement about the outstanding contribution in fewer than 250 words
- CV of the nominee
- Two-three letters of support from experts in the field and/or two-three names of experts to be consulted by the Prize Committee
- Name and contact details of the nominator
Nominations should be made electronically through the website. The deadline for nominations is July 15th, 2017.
ICIAM Prize Committee for 2019
- Maria J. Esteban, Committee Chair
- Zdenek Strakos, Chair of Collatz Prize Subcommittee
- Alexandre Chorin, Chair of Lagrange Prize Subcommittee
- Alexander Mielke, Chair of Maxwell Prize Subcommittee
- Denis Talay, Chair of Pioneer Prize Subcommittee
- Zuowei Shen, Chair of Su Buchin Prize Subcommittee
- Margaret H. Wright
ICIAM is the world organization for applied and industrial mathematics. Its members are mathematical societies based in more than 25 countries. For more information, visit http://www.iciam.org/.