National Science Foundation (NSF) Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR) is a national-scale activity to enable new modes of data-driven discovery that will allow fundamental questions to be asked and answered at the frontiers of science and engineering. The HDR vision is realized through an interrelated set of activities and funding opportunities. Each of these efforts is designed to amplify the intrinsically multidisciplinary nature of the emerging field of data science.
Deadline Updates for HDR Solicitations
Due to the recent 35-day lapse in appropriations and shutdown of the agency, NSF will be extending the deadline dates for the HDR solicitations noted below:
Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR): Institutes for Data-Intensive Research in Science and Engineering - Ideas Labs (I-DIRSE-IL)
- New deadline for preliminary proposals: March 4, 2019
Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR): Data Science Corps (DSC)
- New deadline for full proposals: February 14, 2019
NSF has also scheduled a webinar providing an overview of the current HDR funding opportunities:
Harnessing the Data Revolution (HDR) Information Webinar
- Date/Time: February 15, 2019, from 1 PM - 3 PM EST
- Notify the event organizer no later than Feb. 6, 2019, if you require reasonable/accessibility accommodations to participate in the webinar.
- Register in advance here.
- Audio options: Connect using computer audio. Alternatively, choose "call-me" and enter your phone number to receive a call back, or call-in using USA/Canada Toll: +1-510-210-8882 or Toll-Free: 1-844-700-9959 and event number/access code 900 748 538.
- View real-time captions the day of the event here by clicking “Join Now” and entering event ID # 3912679.