Giving Tuesday, a global day of giving that kicks off the holiday season, is coming up soon! 50,000+ organizations across 150 countries participate each year, raising more than $380 million in 2018.
SIAM is proud to be part of this global celebration of giving. Tuesday, December 3, consider supporting our mission with your donation, or choose another cause that is important to you.
When you choose to support our mission of promoting applied mathematics here at SIAM, you are actively helping us to:
- Enhance the global landscape of applied mathematics and computational science
- Increase student interest and awareness of STEM-related fields
- Recognize and publicize important developments and novel applications in the field of applied mathematics
- Engage people from underrepresented groups in STEM fields
- Work with policymakers in Washington, D.C., and advocate for science funding
Interested in specific ways your dollars can help?
- $25 donation allows SIAM to provide one student with free membership for a year
- 8 donations of $100 allow us to send one student to a SIAM conference outside the U.S. through a travel award
- $1000 donation allows SIAM to support two student chapters for one year
SIAM is proud to have donated $280,000+ to student chapters since 2012. Each year, we aim to provide $320,000 in conference travel support to students and those early in their careers, so they can attend SIAM conferences. You can help.
Whether it's through time, skills, voice, dollars, or goods, everyone has the capacity to give. Join us this year for #GivingTuesday! Donate to SIAM today.
Check out givingtuesday.org to learn more about this international day of giving.